RAMP UP YOUR FAMILY’S FIVE A DAY THIS JANUARY
Despairing at your family’s lack of enthusiasm for fresh fruit and veg?
Fed up of serving the same old cucumber, carrot and pepper stick combination?
Want to increase the number of plant-based dishes your family can enjoy together?
Then join us for our three week five a day/eat a rainbow everyday family challenge, starting January 8th.
The aims of the challenge are simple:
1) Encourage everyone in the family to eat more vegetables and fruit on a daily basis
2) Encourage everyone to try fruits/veggies and new plant-based dishes (and hopefully discover some new family favourites!)
3) Expand our knowledge of the nutritional benefits of different fruits and veggies
4) Be mindful of what’s in season, what freezes well & how to use up leftovers (to keep costs down).
Everyone taking part in the challenge will get access to the following colourful (kid-approved) resources designed by Helen from Designing a Happy Life:
1) Our beautiful FIVE A DAY tracker
Just print off one per family member and provide some pencils to colour in and track their fruits and veggies.
2)Our inspirational EAT A RAINBOW EVERYDAY trackeR
We will focus on using this tracker in week two, and help you encourage your family to not only eat more veggies and fruits, but also to make sure their plates are as colourful as possible.
In week three, there’s a free choice to use whichever tracker works best to motivate your family.
As well these printable resources, you’ll receive daily tips, recipes and reminders from Organic Cookery School tutors, as well as support from fellow members our private Facebook Group (The Family Nutrition Hub)
We kick off next Monday (8th January 2018), so to join, just sign up below and we’ll send your printables and group invitation straight over.